ELIE SAAB is a globally acknowledged and renowned brand today.
Over the years, the brand has become an established name to dress up celebrities and royalty.
Elie Saab was born in 1964 in Lebanon, into a family with no links to fashion.
He began sewing at a very early age, his first dress was created at the age of nine,and he designed dresses for his younger sister.
He spent all his spare time designing (and we’re not quite sure how his mother must have felt about her son taking his scissors to her curtains and tablecloths…).
He was an eager and enthusiastic learner and always used to cut patterns from newspapers and magazines, he used to make garments from any lace or fabric that came in handy…
Word of his talent spread fast, and by the time he was a teenager, the most elegant women were beating a path to this self-taught designer’s door in Beirut.
Astonishingly, at just 18, Elie Saab opened his own couture house with more than a dozen accomplished seamstresses working for him.
• 1982: At the age of 18, he opened his very first couture atelier in Beirut, and in the following months he presented his first collection to an esteemed public of women.
• 1997: Elie Saab was the sole non-Italian designer to be part of well-known Italian Camera Nazionale della Moda, where he also showcased his first collection outside Lebanon, in Rome.
• 1998: He opened his ready-to-wear in Milan, Saab also did a fashion show that was attended by Princess Stephanie of Monaco.
• 1999: The gorgeous Queen Rania of Jordan chose his outfit for her coronation from the vast range of Elie Saab’s designs.
• 2011: Elie Saab launched his fragrance “Le Parfum ” that created history by becoming the highest seller in 15 countries, and in its very first year Elie Saab Le Parfum scooped the coveted Fragrance Foundation (FiFi) Award for Best New Fragrance in the UK, the US and France – a phenomenal hat trick.
The luxury and detail of Elie Saab‘s designs soon won over the Middle East, and today he is the personal designer of many princesses.
SAAB currently produces between 800 and a 1000 made-to-measure gowns anually.
And his philosophy? ‘I like “womanly women”
The gorgeous Queen Rania of Jordan’s Wedding Dress ♥